1 h 20 minutes
4 portions servings
• 1 chicken • 3 onions • 2 untreated oranges • 2 cloves garlic • rosemary, oregano and thyme • 2 bay leaves • 2 dl of chicken stock (cube) • 1 glass of orange juice • 30 g of butter • salt pepper
- 1. Preheat the oven to th.6 (180 ° C).
- 2. Salt and pepper the chicken. In an ovenproof casserole dish, brown in the butter, the onions and the minced garlic, add the chicken and brown it, turning it over.
- 3. Thinly slice the washed and dried oranges. Arrange them around the chicken with the herbs.
- 4. Place the uncovered casserole dish in the oven. Baste the chicken regularly with the cooking juices. After 3/4 of an hour, pour in the orange juice and continue cooking for another 10 min.
- 5. Remove the chicken and wrap it in aluminum foil. Add the broth to the casserole dish and cook for about 10 minutes, scraping the bottom.
- 6. Cut the chicken, place it on a serving dish surrounded by the onions and oranges and top with the sauce.
- Serve with rice or pasta.