- 9-12 lasagna sheets
- For the chicken mixture :
- 30 ml of olive oil
- 1 big onion
- 2 garlic cloves, finely mince
- 450 g of Dhayaati's chicken, ground
- 800 g of tomato purée
- 2 peppers cut into pieces
- 50 g of tomato paste
- 3 tsps of sugar
- 1 tsp of origano
- 4-5 basilic leafs (cut) or a tsp of dried basilic
- salt and pepper
- For the bechamel sauce
- 60 g of butter
- 40g of flour
- 560 ml of milk
- 1/2 tsp of nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- In a big sauce pan, heat up the oil on a mid-low heat
- Cook the onions, the garlic and the peppers till they become tender.
- Add the ground chicken and cook till its color changes
- Add the tomato paste, the tomato purée, the sugar, the origano, the basiclic and salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover it up and bring it to a boil, lower the heat and let it simmer during an hour.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the flour and mix it till the texture becomes homogenous during one minute.
- Add the milk little by little and whisk continuously till it thickens.
- Let it cook for 10 minutes while whisking.
- Add the nutmeg, the salt and pepper and let it aside till you need it.
- Put some oil on a lasagna pan to grease it up.
- Pre-cook lasagna following the instructions of the package and drain them well before use.
Assembling the lasagna:
- Preheat the oven to 180°
- Put a fine layer of chicken mixture hen a fine layer of bechamel sauce.
- Put a lasagna sheet on the mixture and press on it gently.
- Repeat the steps till you finish the mixture
- Place a lasagna sheet on the top and put the remaining bechamel sauce on top. Sprinkle with grated parmesan on top and cover with aluminium foil (without it touching the lasagna)
- Cook i for 25 minutes with the foil then for 25 minutes without.